Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Here we go.......

July 17, 2011: We (Wife, Niece & Myself) leave for Yosemite this Tuesday. We are camping at Tuolomne Meadows for two nights, then move down to the valley floor Thursday. The plan is to dayhike to North Dome and Lempert Dome on Wednesday to see the grand view that is Yosemite. It will be nice to chillax a few days up there before shoving off Friday morning at 0600.

I have decided to bring my Ice Axe with me. The reports coming in from the Pacific Crest Trail Through Hikers tell a story of icy passes and wet crossings. I have waterproofed my gear and will adjust my itinerary as I go to deal with all that snow and water. Sounds like alot of the PCTers started solo, but have created unions to help eachother through the difficult sections. I hope to do the same on my journey.

Well, this is it. Wish me luck. If all goes well, next blog entry should be around August 6th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment